Be it hiking, photography, traveling, or shooting videos, 360 cameras are all the rage right now – and for a good reason. Also called omnidirectional cameras, these devices enable users to witness the world in the panorama.
A 360 camera allows users to take in an entire view without worrying about losing a particular subject in the frame. With this camera, you can easily take immersive photos and videos while on your various adventures.
What is a 360 Camera?
A 360 camera is a special type of camera that can capture an entire spherical view of the surroundings. It has a pair of lenses back-to-back, each with a wide-angle field of view. When stitched together, these images give a full picture of the scene around the camera.
How does a 360 camera with a GPS work?
Unlike normal cameras, 360 cameras with GPS allow you to take pictures and videos in every direction at once. This is made possible by the multiple lenses that are built into the camera, which work together to capture an entire 360-degree view.
In order to create a seamless 360-degree experience, the camera stitches together the individual images or videos from each of its lenses. This process can be done automatically by the camera, or you can use special software to do it yourself. Once the stitching is complete, you can view the results as a traditional photo or video, or you can interact with it using a special viewer that lets you explore the scene from all angles.
GPS functionality can be added to a 360 camera in two different ways. Some cameras have built-in GPS receivers that allow them to geotag their photos and videos. This means that you can see exactly where each photo or video was taken on a map.
Other 360 cameras come with an external GPS receiver that you can attach to the camera. This adds a bit of bulk to the camera, but it gives you the ability to add even more features, such as the ability to track your speed and distance traveled.
How Do I Operate a 360 Camera with GPS?
Most 360 cameras with GPS are designed to be used with a smartphone or tablet. This allows you to use the camera’s built-in apps to control the camera and view your photos and videos.
Some 360 cameras also come with their own dedicated remote control. This can be handy if you want to take group photos or videos or if you want to set up the camera in a specific spot and then walk away from it.
Insta360 X3 Ultimate Kit - Waterproof 360 Action Camera with 1/2" 48MP Sensors, 5.7K 360 Active HDR Video, 72MP 360 Photo, 4K Single-Lens, 60fps Me Mode, Stabilization, 2.29" Touchscreen, AI Editing
- 360 CAPTURE & REFRAMING: X3 captures 5.7K 360 Active HDR video, so you'll never miss the action. Choose your favorite angle after the fact with easy reframing tools in the AI-powered Insta360 app.
- DUAL 1/2" 48MP SENSORS: X3's new sensors pack in more pixels for greater clarity and
Weivision Super Hd 1080P 360 Degree Bird's Eye-View Camera Dvr System Bird View Panoramic All Round View System + 7inch Hd Display (with 7inch HD Display)
- Weivision 360° Around View Camera System can get real surround vision of driving, help to avoid blind spots and secure driving safety! It’s designed for car pick up all within 22ft vehicles, etc, easy to install and calibrate.
- Weivision 360° Around View Camera System helps a lot in
REDTIGER Dash Cam Front Rear, 4K/2.5K Full HD Dash Camera for Cars, Free 32GB SD Card, Built-in Wi-Fi GPS, 3.18” IPS Screen, Night Vision, 170°Wide Angle, WDR, 24H Parking Mode
- 4K+1080P DUAL RECORDING- REDTIGER brings to you F7NP dual dash cam which records video of up to Ultra HD 4K(3840*2160P)+FHD 1080P resolutions. It helps you to read the key details like road signs, vehicle number plates etc. To reduce the blind areas it has the front wide angle
GoPro MAX — Waterproof 360 + Traditional Camera with Touch Screen Spherical 5.6K30 HD Video 16.6MP 360 Photos 1080p Live Streaming Stabilization
- Three Cameras in One: Maximize your creative freedom. With MAX you can shoot traditional Hero-style video and photos or capture immersive 360 footage. Vlog to the max with shotgun-mic performance and a front-facing screen
- Max HyperSmooth: MAX gives you unbreakable stabilization by using 180-degree capture as the ultimate
In terms of actually taking pictures and videos, operating a 360 camera with GPS is similar to operating any other type of digital camera. You can use the automatic mode, which will let the camera do all of the work for you, or you can switch to manual mode and adjust the settings yourself.
What Opt For a 360 Camera with GPS?
There are several benefits to using a 360 camera with GPS. First, it allows you to take pictures and videos in places that would otherwise be inaccessible. For example, you can use the camera to take pictures and videos from the top of a mountain or from inside a cave.
Second, a 360 camera with GPS can be used to create virtual tours. This is perfect for businesses such as real estate agents or tour operators who want to give their customers an immersive experience.
Third, the GPS functionality of a 360 camera can be used for safety purposes. For example, if you’re going on a hike in an unfamiliar area, you can use the camera to track your location. This way, if you get lost, you can easily be found.
Fourth, a 360 camera with GPS can be used to create panoramic photos and videos. This is perfect for capturing sweeping views of landscapes or cityscapes.
Finally, many 360 cameras with GPS also come with additional features, such as the ability to live stream video. This can be handy for events such as concerts or sporting events.
What are the Best 360 Cameras with GPS?
There are many different 360 cameras on the market, but not all of them come equipped with GPS. If you’re looking for a 360 camera with GPS, here are some of the best ones:
- The Insta360 ONE Xis a popular 360 camera that comes with GPS. It’s very easy to use and produces high-quality photos and videos.
- The RICOH THETA Z1is another great 360 camera that has GPS built-in. It’s perfect for people who want to take high-quality photos and videos without having to worry about stitching them together later.
- The Garmin VIRB 360is a great choice for people who want a 360 camera that doubles as an action camera. It records stabilization video in up to 5.7K resolution and has GPS built-in for adding your location data to your photos and videos.
- The Giroptic IOis a 360 camera that’s designed for use with drones. It has GPS built-in, so you can easily add your location data to your photos and videos.
- The Kodak PIXPRO SP360 4Kis a great choice for people who want to take high-resolution photos and videos. It comes with GPS and records video in up to 4K resolution.
- The GoPro MAXis GoPro’s latest 360 camera. It records video in up to 6K resolution and has GPS built-in for adding your location data to your photos and videos.
- The Samsung Gear 360is a popular 360 camera that’s very easy to use. It has GPS built-in, so you can easily add your location data to your photos and videos.
- The Xiaomi Mijia MiSphere 360 Camera is a great choice for people who want to take high-quality photos and videos. It comes with GPS and records video in up to 3.5K resolution.
If you’re someone who loves photography, travelliing and also wants to keep a track of all the locations, then 360 cameras with GPS are perfect for you! Not only will you be able to take amazing photos and videos, but you’ll also be able to see exactly where they were taken making memories all the more special.