Remember the time when we used to go to an arcade and take silly photos in the photo booth? Those were the days.
Since then, technology has come a long way. We have mobile phones, DSLR cameras, Go-Pro, and many more smart devices that allow us to take pictures wherever we want and however we want. The Google Street View app even allows you to take 360-degree photos from your Android. However, nothing beats the finesse of a 360-camera rental!
Unlike a standard photo booth, which costs around $300, if you search online how much is a 360 camera rental, the price range will be from $600 to $3,500. The cost usually depends on several factors, including how long you want the rental, what’s the occasion, the platform’s size, and the props required.
The following information will tell you in detail what a 360 camera is and how it works:
What is a 360 Camera Rental?
A 360 camera combines Instagram’s Boomerang feature, HD imagery, and videos to offer you a unique to capture memorable event moments.
A 360-camera rental, also known as a 360-degree photo booth, is not an enclosed booth. It’s an open platform with a video camera attached to a spinner, which moves in a circle, taking a video and images. Some cameras do a complete 360 and capture all angles, while others move slowly and zoom in and out, giving a boomerang effect.
The camera captures panoramic images by revolving around the subject. Having a 360 camera in your event will not only surprise the guests but also make them declare your party the best one they have ever attended.
The camera captures 120 frames per second. All a user has to do is stand on the platform and pose or act on their script. One of the best things about this camera is that it offers you a lot of movement freedom and space. You can spin, bust a move or reenact your favorite movie scene with special effects.
How Does a 360 Camera Work
A 360 camera comes with a platform on which you can stand. The camera, mounted on a rotator, is positioned safely to capture you from top to bottom. Some companies offer props for a fun experience.
Insta360 X3 Ultimate Kit - Waterproof 360 Action Camera with 1/2" 48MP Sensors, 5.7K 360 Active HDR Video, 72MP 360 Photo, 4K Single-Lens, 60fps Me Mode, Stabilization, 2.29" Touchscreen, AI Editing
- 360 CAPTURE & REFRAMING: X3 captures 5.7K 360 Active HDR video, so you'll never miss the action. Choose your favorite angle after the fact with easy reframing tools in the AI-powered Insta360 app.
- DUAL 1/2" 48MP SENSORS: X3's new sensors pack in more pixels for greater clarity and
Weivision Super Hd 1080P 360 Degree Bird's Eye-View Camera Dvr System Bird View Panoramic All Round View System + 7inch Hd Display (with 7inch HD Display)
- Weivision 360° Around View Camera System can get real surround vision of driving, help to avoid blind spots and secure driving safety! It’s designed for car pick up all within 22ft vehicles, etc, easy to install and calibrate.
- Weivision 360° Around View Camera System helps a lot in
REDTIGER Dash Cam Front Rear, 4K/2.5K Full HD Dash Camera for Cars, Free 32GB SD Card, Built-in Wi-Fi GPS, 3.18” IPS Screen, Night Vision, 170°Wide Angle, WDR, 24H Parking Mode
- 4K+1080P DUAL RECORDING- REDTIGER brings to you F7NP dual dash cam which records video of up to Ultra HD 4K(3840*2160P)+FHD 1080P resolutions. It helps you to read the key details like road signs, vehicle number plates etc. To reduce the blind areas it has the front wide angle
GoPro MAX — Waterproof 360 + Traditional Camera with Touch Screen Spherical 5.6K30 HD Video 16.6MP 360 Photos 1080p Live Streaming Stabilization
- Three Cameras in One: Maximize your creative freedom. With MAX you can shoot traditional Hero-style video and photos or capture immersive 360 footage. Vlog to the max with shotgun-mic performance and a front-facing screen
- Max HyperSmooth: MAX gives you unbreakable stabilization by using 180-degree capture as the ultimate
Once you are in place, the camera starts to spin. It might be a little difficult at first to understand which way to move, but as we said, there are no restrictions. You can instruct your friend to give you directions to capture each moment from different sides.
After recording, the camera will save the file, and you will be directed to a downloading station, where you can download the file or share it on your social media.
Now that you know the basics of a 360 camera, let’s take a look at what factors affect the cost of its rental:
Factors That Affect the 360 Camera’s Cost
The Platform’s Size
The typical platform size of a 360 camera is 35 inches. It can fit around 2 to 3 guests. Larger platforms measure up to 46 inches and can fit 6 guests. Depending on how many people attend your event, you will have to decide how many cameras you need.
For example, you will need at least two cameras if it’s a wedding with 300 to 400 guests. A single camera will suffice for a launch party or business event. Most people at such events are not interested in posing for photos. So, it’s not just about how many people are visiting the event but what kind of event it is.
What’s the theme of your party? From birthdays to anniversaries, you can get just about any backdrop designed for a price. You can also request a 360 backdrop, creating an enclosed space to shoot inside.
If you are having a business event, you can also get the platform designed with custom branding options.
When you rent a 360 camera, it comes with basic lighting. However, you can get the package upgraded to include different styles, such as:
- Trigger Light
- Continuous LEDs
- Handheld Light Stick
- Color Gels
Not many people are familiar with how a 360 camera works. This means they might be a little confused about how to pose or act when standing on the platform. Having an assistant who acts as the operator will help them understand what they need to do. A little direction will go a long way in putting them at ease.
Moreover, having an operator works in your favor. If you are hosting a unique event related to the entertainment industry, most people will use the 360 camera to get a stellar photo or make an amazing video. An assistant can hold up the lights and help with the props. They can direct the user to where and how they should stand. Lastly, they can help move along with the line by speeding up the download process.
ENSTER 360° PTZ Security Camera Outdoor, 2.5K 4MP Dual Lens Wi-Fi Camera with 8X Hybrid Zoom, Motion Tracking, Color Night Vision, Two-Way Audio, Siren Alert, SD/Cloud Storage, IP66 Weatherproof
- 【4MP HD Dual-Screen Display Mode With Up To 8X Hybrid Zoom】Experience a dual-screen display, allowing you to see more realistically. Monitor two surveillance screens simultaneously, with one displaying a panoramic view to ensure no corner goes unnoticed. The other screen offers an impressive 8X hybrid zoom, letting you
iZEEKER Dash Cam Front and Rear with SD Card 1080P Full HD Car Camera, Dual Dash Camera for Cars with Accident Recording, Parking Monitor, Night Vision, WDR
- Full HD Front and Rear Recording: Our iZEEKER front and rear dash cam iD220 capture clear footage through its Full HD 30fps 1920x1080p front lens and 30fps 1280x720p HD rear lens with a 170°wide angle, ensuring enough visibility on the road. With simultaneous recording, both the front and
Goluodck 5G Security Camera Indoor Wireless - 360 Degree Panoramic Camera, 5G Dual Band WiFi Camera, HD 1080P Home Camera, Security Cameras Monitor for Baby/Elder/Pet
- Support 2.4G/5G network : - Our 5g compatible security cameras can support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi frequency bands, so you don't have to worry about unsuccessful WiFi connections. (WiFi connection range: within 10 meters)
- HD 1080P & IR Night Vision : - With this indoor security camera,
A Social Sharing Station
Some rental companies offer a 360 camera with lights, props, and an operator. While these are included in the package, you should consider adding a social sharing station in it as well. Once a user is done with their turn on the platform, they move towards the camera to download the video. If you are having a big event, this might result in people waiting for hours for their turn.
This is where a social sharing station comes in. It’s a separate booth where you can download your video, send it to your email, or share it on your social media. A social sharing station usually costs less than $100.
A 360 camera is an innovative smart device, perfect for every type of celebration. Yes, it’s costlier than a standard photo booth, but you can’t beat the type of quality and creative images and videos it allows you to pose for and make.
So, instead of focusing on how much is a 360-camera rental, focus on how big of a booth you will need to accommodate your guests and ensure they are not waiting in line for their turn.